Happily Ever After. . .

The misadventures of two people who get to learn things the hard way but love it!

Sunday, September 08, 2002

So on Saturday morning, we had a downpour here. The kind that puts you to sleep but wakes you up just the same. That morning, Josh got up early (meaning 7:30) to go to school for a field trip to Dallas Kimball Art Museum. I was awakened by the slam of our bedroom door. I think our air conditioner likes to whoosh our door closed at very inopportune times. Anyway, I awoke with a jolt and noticed Josh not in bed. I got up, heard the rain, and walked to our living room. There was Josh with his bike helmet on and Whitney "sleepwalking" through the kitchen. Later I found out that she was checking her cushions for wetness on the porch. Well, Josh had decided that he was going to ride his bike to school (about 5 miles) in the torrential downpour. I offerred to drive him. He said, "oh no, it's not raining hard. I'll be fine." Fortunately, he stepped out on the balconey and understand the error of his ways. So I diverted another accident happening by taking him to school. On my way home, I decided to take advantage of the lone time and go grocery shopping. Joy of joys. With groceries in tow, I walked into our apartment. There was Whitney, a little less sleepy. She left and I put away the groceries. Then at some point I looked at the clock and thought, "huh, 10:39 seems like an important time today." OOH MY!!! I totally forgot that I was teaching Rosh Hashanah services at a synagogue at 11. I quickly got on the internet to print out directions, printed out the lesson plan, ripped off my clothes and put on appropriate attire, and slammed Shalosh into her cage and I was off. All the way there, i was praying and going over the story and the lesson plans. Whew! It was easy to get to and my friend was waiting for me in the lobby. All was well. The services went well and I got to hear the best dang shofar player I've ever heard!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home