Happily Ever After. . .

The misadventures of two people who get to learn things the hard way but love it!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007






Weekend Getaway





As if there isn't enough for us to do in NYC, we decided to getaway for the weekend. It was a trip down nostalgia lane for me. We went to Fire Island where my family use to vacation when I was young. The island really is idyllic and picturesque. No cars, just bikes. No streets, just boardwalks. The ocean on one side of the island and the bay on the other. The entire island is only about 30 miles long and less than a mile wide.
Here's where we stayed: Pelican's Roost (every house has a name). We got it on a last minute deal on Craigslist. Boy, do I love the internet.



Josh and I took turns watching Tivon on the beach so that we could play in the ocean. This is how Josh watches Tivon:




And here we are on our way home, waiting for the Ferry to take us back to our island home: Manhattan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home