Happily Ever After. . .

The misadventures of two people who get to learn things the hard way but love it!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Longest Ride Home

Grandma Lee, Tivon and I loaded up all the presents and and new found treasures from Indiana and left for Austin. Along the way, Tivon rode his big wheel at the rest stops and ran around on the playscapes we found. Tivon made the amazing journey with few problems until the last 40 minutes. Then we had a complete meltdown on our hands at 3:30 in the morning. I think his legs had fallen asleep from being in the same position for soooo long. I might have been a little task oriented towards the end since I hadn't seen Josher for three weeks. So after a quick walk in a parking lot and some much needed snuggling, we hopped back in the car and made it to our home at 4 in the morning.

I came home to a spotless home where all the furniture had been rearranged--that's my husband. I can't vouch for what it looked like when we weren't here but I knew it would be tip top when I came home. He even had my favorite ice cream in the fridge! Tivon was super excited to see dada so they stayed up and played for two hours. Needless to say, Grandma and I fell asleep within minutes of entering the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home