Happily Ever After. . .

The misadventures of two people who get to learn things the hard way but love it!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

This is the first time I've looked at our blog since we left NYC. We look so different now. Sometimes I feel like that was another life--I guess it kinda was. NYC was truly a good place to be--we made wonderful friends and loved being a part of that indescribable energy.

I have a tendency to be a bit nostalgic of the places we have lived but there are some things I won't ever wax wonderful. First, the cost of living--I'm pretty sure you shouldn't spend 55% of your income on a one bedroom, run down rental apartment. 2. Dog poop, baby poop, homeless poop, you name it. For some odd reason, the winter brought on a surge of poop on the sidewalk. Generally the city is immaculate for the number of people but I loathed the poop. 3. The myth of convenience. Yes, you can get anything you want at any time of day, but no one mentioned how much it would cost or which three trains you would have to ride to get it.

On the flip side, I am already nostalgic about the snow sledding in the park--what a beautiful day!, the convenience of walking a block for a playdate--Rebecca and Hanan were our angels on earth, and hearing 14 different languages at the playground--how that can change a perspective.

While I sit sipping some Texas sweet tea and the gentle breeze brushes my skin with my dog by my side and Tivon fast asleep, I like looking through my rose colored glasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home