Happily Ever After. . .

The misadventures of two people who get to learn things the hard way but love it!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

BIRTHDAY TIME

Well, we had quite the shindig for little ti man. Grandparents, family and friends came from far and near to celebrate his two years. Josh calls Tivon "lil monkey" and Tivon loves monkeys so we opted for a monkey theme albeit a simple idea that took a little creativity to execute. I had a great time figuring out a healthier cupcake--they weren't like eating carrots, mind you, but better than pure sugar and candy. :)






















As I am trying to live a "greener" life, we chose an outdoor locale so no decorations were needed (and no extra cleaning at the house too!). We had the party at the sprinkler park which has timed fountains and mini pools to play in for the dog days of summer. Although I tried to get away without having any party favors (again for green reasons), I had a nagging to do something. So we (grandmas and I) made monkey hats for all the kids out of some leftover fleece that I had. We used reusable plates and only glass or wood serving dishes--no paper plates in the landfill here! The one big thing I couldn't get around was plastic water bottles. I wanted to provide a drink but didn't know how to do it in a "green" way.
Oh, we also did a "no gifts" policy of which grandparents broke but I guess that's the joy of being a grandparent!













Olivia helps Tivon blow out the candles.






More pool time with friends.








We've discovered Tivon is more of a blues kind of musician. He now takes his "monica" everywhere with him.















Appropriately, we ended the month long birthday vacation and celebration with a train ride thin Zilker park. Tivon says, "Much peace to my peeps."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home