Happily Ever After. . .

The misadventures of two people who get to learn things the hard way but love it!

Saturday, December 06, 2008






Chrisis coocoo's
That's right it Christmas cookie time. It may be a little known secret that I have only starting cooking/baking since having Tivon --mostly due to all of his allergies. But now, I have to say I do enjoy making new recipes, experimenting and having some family favorites.
Well, I thought we could start a tradition of making Christmas cookies and taking them to the neghbors. I should have considered my aptitude, or should I say inaptitude for making cookies.
First, I don't keep "regular" flour in our house. I make our bread and are used to wheat or white whole wheat flour--surely this is the same as plain white flour? Then I attempted to mix our cookies with a mixer that is missing one of the whisky things. That doesn't work so well. I tried to hand mix them with a fork. Again, a losing battle. But at least Tivon could "stir" too. So the dough did not look that good but I thought, hey, it's butter and sugar, what could be wrong?
So we continued. We chilled the dough and then Ti and I rolled it out. This actually went relatively well. Good mama/titi time. We cut out snowmen shapes. Very cute. Then baked them. Finally it was time for icing them. I had purchased this icing a week ago in anticipation. In my defense, it does say "Vanilla Frosting". Doesn't that mean white? I thought the picture of green icing was showing the potential of making many colors of icing. Nope. It was green icing. So here's a picture of our pathetic green snowmen. There actually kinda creepy looking. Oh, btw, they don't taste very good either.
So we may need to think of a new tradition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home