Happily Ever After. . .

The misadventures of two people who get to learn things the hard way but love it!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

An old place with new eyes

Last we lived in Austin, we were graduate students: catching meals on the go, taking in live music at every stop, and connecting with people with similar interests (architecture or theatre). Josh and I knew that we were a bit nostalgic about Austin but we kept thinking that it is truly a peaceful place. And peace is what I needed most. Our adventures to Clemson and NYC were fruitful, and beautiful stops along the way but I felt very unsettled, not only in the sense that I knew we wouldn't stay there a long time but also unsettled in my soul. I just felt off. Maybe much of this was due to becoming a new mom in that time. I will never know. But Austin feels right, for right now. :) The great thing is that Austin is very kid friendly. Much of what we used to do, we can still do with a little thought and planning. We've already seen 4 free concerts (including a friend who plays guitar and sings) and visited our favorite eateries.

One of our concerns about moving to Austin had been bringing Shalosh back together with our family. She has been on a 10 month vacation on 82 acres of trees, farmland, horses, and wild animals. In that time, she killed three ducks (continuing her infatuation with birds) and a skunk (we're told that she wreaked for weeks!). So I have been very vigilant with Tivon and Shalosh. Here are a couple of pictures of Shalosh intimidating Tivon. I think Shalosh might just love having an extra set of hands around to pet her.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home