Happily Ever After. . .

The misadventures of two people who get to learn things the hard way but love it!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Parks, Parks, Everywhere

Thank goodness for green space and parks. We live in a two bedroom house (which seems like a mansion to me!) just one block from our neighborhood elementary school that has a playscape. It also has basketball courts, soccer fields and a baseball diamond. Alot of afternoons when we are all hitting the witching hour (something about the hours between 4 and 6 pm that try tivon and I), we head out to the park.

We've enjoyed reuniting with our friends here--many with kids Tivon's age--so they can help this old/new Austinite navigate to all the cool hot spots.

We met up with our friend Bob (Katie was away for work) and his daughter Ruby at the playground close to their house.
The one thing that I hate about the playscapes is the open areas that are really high. I may be projecting my slight fear of heights with a dash of imaginative toppling to the ground but it kinda freaks me out sometimes. So, of course, Tivon has made it his business to scare mommy. I will never be able to catch a photo of these moments because I'm usually yelling something or leaping over other mommies to protect my little one but in this picture, Ti doesn't want to sit to go down the slide when you can walk/run/topple down the slide.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home